Queens of Color Wellness Quest has been a carefully curated and immersive experience designed to prioritize the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of Black and Brown women. We are providing a unique opportunity to focus on self-care, self-discovery, and personal growth while celebrating the beauty and resilience of our cultures. This Retreat aims to create a safe and empowering environment where Queens of Color can rejuvenate, reconnect with self, bond with like-minded women, and explore holistic wellness practices.
What can Queens expect:
- Personal time for self-reflection, journaling, or simply enjoying the natural and historical beauty of Morocco
- Included and optional spa treatments, relaxation sessions to unwind and recharge
- Yoga and meditation sessions tailored to the unique needs and experiences of Black and Brown women, arming you with tools to optimize your well-being
- Guided group discussions and therapy sessions where participants can openly share their experiences, challenges, and aspirations
- Daily meals, optional dinners, cultural tours and shopping excursions
This Wellness Retreat for Black and Brown women will be a transformative experience, empowering attendees to prioritize their health, embrace our identities, create long lasting sister-ships and (just in case you misplaced it) reclaim your Crown!
The Queens of Color Wellness Quest Retreat will be led by Kimberly Lee-Tessmer and Valarie Cunningham and coordinated by Meryem CHOUIRF-MCCLINTOCK and her team. The Retreat includes:
- 3 nights at Les Jardins de Villa Maroc
4 nights at Beldi Country Club
- 1 day Agafay Desert Experience
- Transfer from and to Marrakech airport
- Three daily meals (except 3 dinners outside the hotels)
Daily morning movement practice with Kimberly: We will focus on posture alignment, breath-work, and mindfulness techniques through the practice of yoga to increase stress resilience, self-awareness, and balance in the body and mind
Daily evening sessions with Valarie: These group sessions will focus on connection, empowerment and cultivating your purpose through group discussion, journaling, and role playing
- Guided cultural and historical tours
- Private ground transportation for all planned activities
- All yoga mats & props
Marrakech, the imperial red city, and Essaouira, the ancient blue and white coastal town, are enchanted cities with one-of-a-kind experiences waiting around every corner. We will take you beyond the surface to discover their heartbeat and the people who make up their soul.
Planned down to the finest details, The Queens of Color Wellness Quest Retreat also includes:
Opening Circle & Welcome dinner
- Hammam & Spa treatments
- Historical Tour of Marrakech
Marrakech Ancient Medina, the Souks & Jamaa El Fna Square guided tour
- Authentic Moroccan cooking class
- Essaouira's Old Medina & Jewish Quarters guided tour
- Traditional Herbalist experience
- Agafay desert Experience: Practice, Camel Ride & Sunset Dinner
- Two Karma Projects
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED?
We do our best to give you the best Marrakech and Essaouira have to offer and to make your retreat as hassle-free and relaxing as possible, but please note that the following is not included:
- Airfare to and from Morocco
- Mandatory private travel insurance (must cover COVID-19 costs)
- Passport and/or visa fees
- Covid-19 test, if applicable
- Optional meals and activities not listed in the final itinerary
- Beverages other than bottled water during meals
- Discretionary tips
HOW DO I BOOK MY SPOT?
HOW DOES PARTIAL.LY PAYMENT PLAN WORK?
Partial.ly is a flexible payment plan that makes it possible for you to book your retreat today and pay for it, selecting your own payment terms to better fit your finances:
- Select your room type and the number of participants
- Pay the US$500 down payment
- You choose the frequency of your payments and the amount of each payment changes accordingly
- Your final payment will occur 8 weeks before the retreat start date.
CAN I CANCEL MY BOOKING?
- The first US$500 of any payment is the participant's deposit and is not refundable
- Refunds are available until 28 days before the first day of the retreat (See Terms & Conditions HERE)